Leaders In Training (L.I.Ts) Opportunity
Volunteer, learn, and build your leadership skills in a fun historical camp setting!
Black Creek Pioneer Village Summer Day Camps is offering volunteer Leader-in-Training opportunities for young adults ages 14-17. Develop leadership skills by assisting our knowledgeable and experienced staff with all aspects of our summer camps. Build communication, teamwork, and organizational skills in a fun and historical setting! L.I.T.'s can fulfill their high school community service hours in a unique and rewarding environment while taking steps toward future careers in education or museums.
- Assist Day Camp staff in leading games and activities
- Assist with the supervision of campers
- Help prepare camp activities and crafts
- Work well with campers, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain a positive and fun outlook
- Learn about life in 1860s Ontario
- Follow Black Creek Pioneer Village costuming guidelines. (costumes provided)
- Week One: July 4-7 Four Day Week
- Week Two: July 10-14
- Week Three: July 17- 21
- Week Four: July 24- 28
- Week Five: July 31-Aug 4
- Week Six: Aug 8-11 Four Day Week
- Week Seven: Aug 14-19
- Week Eight: Aug 21-25
- Week Nine: Aug 28-Sept 1
Black Creek is looking for young adults ages 14-17 who are interested in working in an historical setting with children ages 5-12. L.I.T.'s must be available to volunteer for a minimum two weeks. All candidates must attend a group interview session on April 26 2017. Successful candidates will be required to attend a training session on June 25 2017.
Please send a brief cover letter to the Day Camp Coordinator, Sean Dineley: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you want to volunteer as a LIT at the Black Creek Day Camp and outline your relevant experience. Please include your top three choices of weeks to volunteer.