Join us on Friday, July 31 at 1 pm for another Get Hands on at Home Facebook Live! There is nothing like a cold ice cream on a hot summer day. While electric freezers would not come around until the 20th century, it was still possible to make a frozen tasty treed. Try your hand at making some in your own kitchen, no ice cream maker required!
To make this at home, you will need the following:
- 2 cups whipping cream (35%)
- 1 cup jam mixed with 1 cup water or 2 cups of mashed and strained fruit (any seeds strained out removed)
- I large bowl
- Enough ice to fill the bowl
- 1 small bowl (large enough to hold 4 cups of liquid)
- At least 4 tbsp of salt (rock salt is best, but any type of salt will work).