1000 Murray Ross Pkwy
North York, ON M3J 2P3
This Mennonite and Pennsylvania-German festival is full of delicious foods such as homemade pies, fried rosettes, sausages, apple butter, hand-made ice cream and many international foods.
- Village opens at 10 am and closes at 4:30 pm for this special event day
- A Fast-paced, one of a kind Quilt Auction, with Handmade Mennonite quilts
- Historic Ale Sampling in the brewery**
- International food to eat on site and take home.
- Black Creek Registration Department Fundraising Book and Furniture Sale
- IODE Rummage Sale
- Cider Mill Demonstration presented by the Snider Family
- Hand Quilting Demonstration presented by the Mississauga Quilters Guild
- Sausage Making Demonstration and sale presented by the Pennsylvania German Folklore Society
- Pioneer Demonstrations: candle dipping (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), historic cooking, apple schnitzing, and grain threshing (2:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
** Additional fees apply for these activities
The Toronto Mennonite Festival is run completely by volunteers. The Festival is a fundraiser for Mennonite Central Committee’s work of relief, community development and peacebuilding – in Ontario, in Canada, and in 60 countries around the world. For over 50 years the Mennonite Central Committee has raised more than $1.3 million for MCC at Black Creek’s Pioneer Harvest Festival.