Dates From: 1844
Original Location: Woodbridge, Ontario (Pine Street)
This beautifully proportioned home was constructed by Rowland Burr in Woodbridge, then known as Burwick. The house, with its imposing facade, is a fine example of rural Georgian architecture.
The two-storey building, with a kitchen wing at the rear and an adjoining coach house, was constructed using mortise and tenon framing covered with clapboard. The interiors were finished with lath and plaster.
The front portion of Burwick House was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village more or less intact in 1958. The kitchen wing was then reconstructed as authentically as possible. The barn was acquired and restored separately.