Dates From: 1860
Original Location: Sebringville, Ontario (Perth County)
The carriage works building originally housed a blacksmith and wheelwright shop. As the business prospered in the 1870s, it was enlarged into a full-fledged carriage works that included an upholsterer and cabinet maker.
With the advent of the automobile, the carriage-making declined. Nevertheless, the Dominion Carriage Works continued to operate on a limited basis until 1972.
In 1973 the building was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village, complete with its original tools and patterns. Restoration and re-assembly was completed and the building was opened for viewing by the general public in 1976.