Dates From: 1856
Original Location: Fisherville, Ontario (Dufferin Avenue and Steeles Avenue)
The Fisherville Church is an excellent example of the Greek Revival architectural style so popular in the middle of the 19th century. It has a timber frame, wood sheathing and a batten finish. Large windows allow the maximum amount of light.
The church, originally located at the corner of Steeles Avenue and Dufferin Street, was named after Jacob Fisher, who donated the land on which it was built. Local families would gather for worship in the box pews. The Fisherville Church was Presbyterian until 1925, when the congregation voted to join the United Church of Canada.
The church was moved in one piece to Black Creek Pioneer Village in 1960, and restored for opening in 1962. It remains to this day a popular location for weddings.