Mackenzie House

Dates From: circa 1830
Original Location: Woodbridge, Ontario (Islington Avenue and Highway 7)

Originally a tiny log cabin, Mackenzie House was enlarged in 1850 to a one-and-a-half storey home, which included a kitchen wing to accommodate the needs of a growing family. The final occupant was the great grandson of the original settler Major Addison Alexander “Lex” Mackenzie, for whom Major Mackenzie Drive in York Region is named.

Mackenzie House at Black Creek Pioneer Village

Follow Black Creek