Dates From: circa 1840
Original Location: Concord, Ontario (Keele Street and Steeles Avenue)
This building was originally constructed in the 1830s as a second house at the Snider farm on Lot 2, Concession 4 in Vaughan Township. Later, after a larger and more comfortable house had been constructed, it became a worskhop — and at one time even housed a woodworking and blacksmith’s shop.
The Snider Workshop was moved to its current location at Black Creek Pioneer Village in 1967, as a Centennial project undertaken by the Snider family.