Dates From: 1858
Original Location: Baden, Ontario (Wilmot Township)
Jacob Beck built the Wilmot Township Hall in 1858, in Baden, Ontario, to house the Fifth Division Court of the County of Waterloo. The timber frame structure with clapboard siding was one of the most important public buildings in a growing community. Here an elected council met once a month to deal with issues of local government. The circuit judge also presided regularly over court to settle small claims, contract disputes and property rights issues.
The building was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village in 1967 and restored in 1970. It remains a popular location for wedding ceremonies.