Dates From: circa 1860
Original Location: Kettleby, Ontario (King Township)
Constructed of round log, this type of construction was somewhat “temporary,” in that round logs were not as weather-proof as squared log structures. It was quick and inexpensive to erect, making the building ideal for poultry or livestock housing.
The Chicken House was moved to the Village in 1972 and restored the following year.