The gardens of Black Creek Pioneer Village combine practicality and beauty.
The Herb Garden
Location: Between the Laskay Emporium and the Harness Shop
This garden contains herbs that were commonly grown by settlers.
The Doctor’s House Garden
Location: On the grounds of the Doctor’s House
Black Creek Pioneer Village is indebted to the Southern Ontario Unit of The Herb Society of America for its generosity in the development and maintenance of this garden.
Second House Kitchen Garden
Location: Behind the Stong Family’s Second House
Burwick House Kitchen Garden
Location: On the grounds of Burwick House
This kitchen garden is typical of the 1860’s, displaying heritage varieties of herbs and vegetables.