Dates From: circa 1820 (reconstruction)
On its original location
This building, which stood on the property for roughly a century, is a squared log structure with dovetailed corners, reconstructed on its existing stone foundation.
A utilitarian outbuilding, it stands seven logs high, with a cantilevered roof providing a sheltered exterior work area. The interior is divided into two rooms: one for butchering and preparing meat, the other for smoking the meats to preserve them for storage.
This Smoke House was opened to the public in 1960, suffered a fire in 1965, and was rebuilt the same year.