Printing Office

Dates From:1850
Original Location: Kettleby, Ontario

A timber frame structure with vertical plank and clapboard siding, this building was originally a Temperance Hall for the Sons of Temperance in Kettleby. It later enjoyed a second life as home to the village printer and weaver.

The high ceiling, white walls, and numerous windows make the building ideal for the fine work of setting type, printing and proofreading.

The building was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village in one piece in 1968, and was restored and opened in 1971.

Interior of the Printing Office at Black Creek Pioneer Village

Follow Black Creek