Dates From: 1835
Original Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario (on Yonge Street)
Built in the neo-classic style, the Manse is typical of the small houses found in Ontario villages in the 1830s. However, it represents a rare type of construction, with walls of plank-on-plank construction consisting of 2 x 6″ boards nailed one on top of the other. Every other plank is offset to produce a keying effect for the plastered interior and stuccoed exterior.
The building was used by Rev. James Dick, as manse to the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church, from 1849 until his death in 1885. It would later be used as a store, residence, Sunday School and office.
The Manse was moved in two pieces to Black Creek in 1978, as a fitting complement to the Fisherville Presbyterian Church.