Dates from: 1816
On its original location
Built by Daniel Stong and Elizabeth Fisher Stong, this sturdy, squared log house with finely dovetailed joints is the oldest building at Black Creek Pioneer Village. With its three small rooms and large stone fireplace, it is a prime example of the simplicity of the early pioneer home. The Stong family lived in the house until 1832, when it became an outbuilding used for poultry and storage and poultry. Restoration work began in 1957.