Charles Irvine’s Weaver’s Shop

Dates From: 1850
Original Location: Kettleby, Ontario

Charles Irvine’s Weaver’s Shop is located in the back portion of the Kettleby Temperance Hall, the same building that houses the village printer. The shop was equipped with a (then) state-of-the-art flying shuttle loom and a large warping mill. With these tools, the weaver could produce a wide range of textiles for household use.

During the early 1860’s there were more than 600 weavers located in small communities across Ontario.

a loom at the Charles Irvine Weaver Shop at Black Creek Pioneer Village

Follow Black Creek