Rise to the occasion with a Victorian twist on that all-time favourite: bread and butter.
Join Victoria from Black Creek as she follows instructions from a 19th century cookbook to twist and braid bread dough into fancy loaves — and makes a Maître d’Hotel butter to go along with it!
Want to follow along with Victoria?
You will need:
For Braided Bread:
- Make any standard white bread recipe up to the point you would bake it in the oven.
For Beurre Maître d’Hotel:
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
You will also need a bowl and a wooden spoon. A mortar and pestle are optional.
More Facebook Live How-to Videos Coming Soon!
- Pack a Victorian Picnic – Friday July 17, 2020, 1:00 p.m.
- Make Your Own Victorian Ice Cream – Friday July 31, 2020, 1:00 p.m.
For More Victorian Culinary Adventures: